[ale] Android secondary security

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 11:22:35 EST 2017

Alas, even with a custom ROM you're somewhat vulnerable.  Some apps
automagically sync your Google Contacts to your phone. Any contacts not in
your Google Contacts are wiped by this process. I assiduously back up my
phone Contacts tables. I've had to restore them twice, once courtesy of
Yahoo's email client and once courtesy of Signal Private Messenger (!).
Ain't nothing like seeing your Contacts go from 600 entries to 30 to get
your attention.

-- CHS