[ale] somewhat OT - are Android Smartwatch Bluetooth notifiers safe?

TxMoose kyle at txmoose.com
Tue Mar 7 14:35:51 EST 2017

For what its worth, BT is an unencrypted link between devices, but data
put on that "wire" can be encrypted.  My Fitbit has an option to encrypt
SMS messages when sending them over BT to be displayed on my watch.

As for using their notifier app, I wouldn't trust it at all.  There are
plenty of open source projects out there that should accomplish the same
goals, and you can go scrub their source code yourself.

---
Very respectfully,
Kyle Brieden