[ale] USB video capture devices that work for Linux

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Mon Jul 17 03:06:49 EDT 2017

On 2017-07-16 22:44, DJ-Pfulio wrote:

>>> It isn't just a tuner.  It has other inputs.
>>
>> So it does, but I had to find the manual from another website just to
>> figure that out.  Hauppauge's website doesn't make it clear that there's
>> an A/V input in addition to the tuner.
>
> The 950Q uses a funky, tiny, proprietary, adapter sorta like a microUSB,
> but not, for those other inputs. And the 950Q gets VERY hot when used.
>
> OTOH, the plextor doesn't.

I've seen the adapter on some other devices like the Adaptec I have.  I
just didn't see it in the basic blurb that Hauppauge had as they were
primarily touting its NTSC and ATSC tuning abilities.

As for getting hot, that's not too much of a problem in the lab.  I've
got plenty of liquid nitrogen available if needed. ;)