[ale] ALE Central discussion from Jan meeting

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 12:51:47 EST 2017

I forgot to mention the need for a mailing list manager.
This person will have to keep the list running (pretty easy from a
technical standpoint, no so much from a culture standpoint) by emailing
people off-list to inform them of posts that are violating the
generally good-natured spirit of ALE and then following up with
blocking the user if the crap-spewing continues. I've not had to do
this is quite some time.
The ale-jobs list is managed now by Jerald Sheets (THANKS!!). The main
list is set for automated crap dumping so it doesn't required much
time. The jobs list requires full moderation but the main ale list (or
the others) don't.
Volunteers?
NOTE: whoever volunteers needs to have some approval of the currently
active list people. If people reply on or offlist with a bunch of

James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/