[ale] Spam: Snow(OT)

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 15:57:07 EST 2017

On Fri, 2017-01-06 at 12:24 -0800, Alex Carver wrote:
> On 2017-01-06 09:31, Steve Litt wrote:
> > On Fri, 6 Jan 2017 11:09:53 -0500
> > DJ-Pfulio <DJPfulio at jdpfu.com> wrote:

> > > Canceled.
> >
> > Am I to understand that it's snowing or has snowed appreciably in
> > Atlanta, Georgia?
> >
> > SteveT
> >

> They're making sure the roads are empty so the twenty snow plows can
> reach the spot where the one snowflake lands. ;)

HA! 20?! Really?!? More like 3 and 2 are at the airport. The other one
is shuttled between the governor's house and the Atlanta mayor's house.
We do have grit trucks and there are piles of paint stripper, er, I
mean sand, scattered around the interstate roads ready to go.
The grocery stores are slammed right now. I guess no one has more than
24 hours of food at home. Bad timing for those that got paid today and
regularly hit the grocery store on the way home from work. The Kroger
near me had all 14 lanes open with lines 4-5 deep at all plus the self-
checkout was 10 people deep for 6 stations. There were extra staff
stocking everything they had. People are buying no-cook food like the
power is going out for for a week. I just picked up beer, wine and cat
food - standard essentials for the end of the world.
James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/