[ale] WINDOWS 7 DVD from ebay or craigslist

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 13:33:49 EST 2017

You still can call to reset the key

On Jan 1, 2017 11:48, "Greg Clifton" <gccfof5 at gmail.com> wrote:

I can't speak specifically to the legality with regards to Win7, but we
used to install Win XP long after it was no longer shipping as a downgrade.
The requirements were that you had to have a legit Win 7 license and a Win
XP disc + a legit license number. After the install, you had to call a M$
and key in the numbers generated by the system and they would generate a
legit authentication code. As I recall, the pre-installed versions of OS,
whether on laptop or desktop  can't legally be used on a different system,
but since VMs have become commonplace, M$ may have relaxed on that.
Probably, the online authentication of an install with the previously used
license will fail and you'll have to call M$ for a code. The rub is likely
to come in the install itself, assuming you receive only a disc without the
license code and it is a retail version of Win 7, your OEM laptop license
code probably won't work for the install.

On Sun, Jan 1, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Narahari 'n' Savitha <savithari at gmail.com>
wrote:

> He he.  You are right but I dont know of any. :(
>
> Folks here are smart and may have some inputs.
>
> I just want a cheap Windows7 DVD thats all.
>
> -N
>
> On Sun, Jan 1, 2017 at 10:30 AM, DJ-Pfulio <DJPfulio at jdpfu.com> wrote:
>
>> On 01/01/2017 10:04 AM, Narahari 'n' Savitha wrote:
>> > Friends:
>> >
>> > Is it a safe bet to buy the recovery DVD on ebay ?
>> > I have windows 7 license on a broken laptop, can I use that license key
>> > and this WINDOWS Recovery DVD to install Windows on a KVM ?
>>
>> Should probably ask on a Windows forum.

See JOBS, ANNOUNCE and SCHOOLS lists at
http://mail.ale.org/mailman/listinfo