[ale] [OT] email forwarding service recommendations

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Feb 20 12:02:30 EST 2017

When a registrar doesn't list your name in the records, then you
probably agreed to them providing a "privacy service" so your identity
doesn't get leaked for anyone on the internet to know.

That has advantages and disadvantages.

I've always separated the 3 layers of internet services
a) Registrar
b) DNS
c) hosting (web, email, voip, whatever)

This means any single company probably won't screw me over.  It also
means an understanding of each layer is required, so if something bad
does happen, it is on me to correct. Or get the broken provider to fix.

Swapping out any single layer is pretty easy if I'm unhappy too.

However, I've never had **any** issues with a or b since my setups are
trivial.