[ale] Quiet spinning drives?

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Wed Feb 15 15:32:38 EST 2017

Do you know of a way to LVM the system when it's already running?  I'm
cloning the drive from old to new (dd/ddrescue) so there's only going to
be one disk in the system when I'm done which means the LVM would have
to be built on the disk already running the OS.  Note the machine is
also headless so no GUIs.