[ale] Quiet spinning drives?

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Tue Feb 14 17:53:46 EST 2017

I do have backups of all the data and some configuration files
(automatic rsync every night) but it's annoying to restore.  One of my
Pis runs a spinning disk, too, and that one will likely get an update,
too, since it's currently running an old 20 GB IDE laptop drive (I'll
switch to a pocket sized SATA drive over USB).  That one makes some
bearing noise since it's fairly old (having been in three laptops) so
two 2.5" drives is probably not such a bad option.  Only need an
enclosure for one and a cable for the other.

At some point I'll get a big NAS box and dump all the backups on that.

Now if only there was a way to image the whole machine while it was
still running. :)