[ale] eth numbering change

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 14:37:07 EST 2017

Thankfully, things change and we are no longer using toggle switches for
input.

<rant mode> The attitude of "it worked like <failing memory of something
"back in the day"> and now it's all newfangled crap written by young
a-holes so I'm gonna gripe into my vodka and metamucil tonic" really does
get under my skin. Not trying to jump on JD for his (sarcasm to my
understanding) comment but it poked a nerve.

I've managed to make a pretty decent living for my family off of code
basically DONATED TO THE WORLD. Wow! Several thousand people spent their
time to give me a freedom-friendly entire operating system that I can use
for $0.00 and I can learn lots about how it works and people will actually
give me money to make their machines do things they can't or don't have
time or ability to do on their own.

I can't understand why anyone would complain about being on the receiving
end of this wonderful gift.

</rant>

apologies to anyone offended but I am ecstatic Linux keeps changing. Sure
things muck up sometimes but on the whole it's been 25 years of constant
progress and improvement. Gripping about having to learn new things is
about as useful as wishing for the next sunrise to never happen. We all
know what 'not seeing tomorrow' means. That's when I will stop learning.