[ale] eth numbering change

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Thu Feb 9 19:11:49 EST 2017

On 2017-02-09 15:39, Chris Fowler wrote:

> [...]

I will grant that they have made an effort to also allow legacy behavior
(although they're also snarky with it so I don't mind being snarky
back).  This is a more friendly change than some of the other things
that have been done in the name of systemd.  However, with one exception
I can't recall really having an issue with network device placement.
They came up in bus order and had the same name unless I physically
reconfigured the hardware in which case I knew I was doing that and
simply made the alterations.

For USB I actually use just the bus chain as the identifier.  For things
that are left plugged in (most of my systems) it works pretty well.