[ale] Backup opinions requested

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Mon Dec 18 14:53:10 EST 2017

I've been real happy with rdiff-backup for all my backup needs. You'll
have to script it yourself including removing old backup sets but it's
quite solid.  If you need partition image backups, that's not going to
be your selection.  If you want to make sure your files are backed up
it's a great solution.  It's space efficient in that it only backs up
changes.  If a file is unchanged nothing is stored.

But then there are lots of schemes to choose from. Everyone will have a
different opinion but that's one thing that makes this group so valuable.

Jim.