[ale] printing fun

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 17:42:55 EST 2017

I rarely print any more but when I need to... lately I pull out my
hair.

cups can print perfect test pages all day long. HP printing widget
stuff can print test pages all day long. Printer is a well supported HP
laserjet pro M501dn.

I can't print from any application correctly. When I print an email
message all I get are the vertical stripes where the quoted section
begins. Print to pdf, view pdf, looks fine, print pdf, get nothing but
bars, no text of any kind.

The applications I failed with so far are evolution email, LibreOffice
docs - the only two environments I ever actually print from. No cups
logs with anything.

Firefox can print (ctl-P, select printer, print).

Ideas, directions to look in , etc., would be appreciated.
--
James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain