[ale] Net Neutrality Protest Dec 7

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 09:34:43 EST 2017

I counted about 50 people at last night's protest, about a half-mile South
of the Buckhead MARTA station on Peachtree Road.  We stood on both sides of
the street and on the median chanting and holding signs. Someone had a box
of pre-printed signs to carry, and I saw a pre-printed banner as well. A
bunch of people brought their own. My favorite pre-printed sign read
"Please upgrade your plan to read this sign".  I came away with one that
read "Killing Net Neutrality Harms Small Business".  I liked the home-made
sign that read "Let Freedom Ping".  We got a lot of  honks and thumbs up
from motorists.  Traffic on Peachtree Road at that hour is pretty horrific,
so folks had plenty of time to see us or ignore us.

WABE sent a reporter out to cover the protest.  The treacherous GPB, of
course, couldn't be bothered.  I saw lots of cameras, but I haven't been
able to find any pictures on the web yet.  There's a good deal of national
coverage (
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/12/07/net-neutrality-protests-planned-thursday-at-verizon-stores-nationwide/),
(
https://www.cnet.com/pictures/net-neutrality-supporters-protest-outside-verizon-in-nyc/
).  Some intrepid folks even showed up at the Verizon store in Fairbanks,
AK.   It was fun.

-- CHS