[ale] LT: IRS scams peaking now

Kyle Brieden kyle at txmoose.com
Thu Apr 27 14:15:53 EDT 2017

Doesn't look like RoboFence is available for Android, but there's apps
in the Play Store that achieve the same ends.  These two seem to have
excellent reviews:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flexaspect.android.everycallcontrol&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mrnumber.blocker&hl=en

That being said, I have noticed lately that my dialer app (normally a
pleasing blue) will turn a harsh red when a call is suspected to be
spam.  It bases the judgments on a database that Google maintains, I
believe.  Once the call is complete (after answering or if you ignore
it), a nice notification will pop up asking if it was a spam call or
not.  Beyond the popup, it is easy to mark calls via spam or not through
the call history, as well.  I don't know if this is *all* Android
phones, only "pure" Android phones (Nexus/Pixel/Play Store Editions), or
ONLY for Project Fi subscribers.

I'm all for "there's an app for that", but if it is rolled right into
the dialer on my phone, I'm much happier to just use that. :P

---
Very respectfully,
Kyle Brieden