[ale] Secure C/C++ Coding Standards book

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 17:18:30 EDT 2017

On 04/23/17 16:21, DJ-Pfulio wrote:
> As threatened ...
>
> Secure C and C++ Coding Standards
> https://www.securecoding.cert.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=637
>
> Sadly, this is for a $51 book.
>
> Govt agencies have produced similar guides which should be possible to
> find online.  NASA had some years ago. Bet they still exist somewhere.

The URL goes to a set of pages for each rule, so you could read it for
free. Or from Amazon. To be honest, when I understand the basics of a
language I don't mind paying a bit to learn how to code better and more
securely.

Humorously, a google search for Ruby security tuned up a page that
referenced Ruby Security 101. Clicking the link seems to go to a round
robin redirection to all sorts of sites; a realtor, an engineering firm,
etc.

With the rise in Go I'm seeing the opportunity to re-think a lot of
server code that could be cleaned out with a fresh start. Like, does an
MTA need UUCP today? Maybe I'm wring, but the idea is there. Sadly, my
skills do not match that needed for my ideas.