[ale] Is there a limit on password length or characters for OUTBOUND sftp when receding a "password" prompt?

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 18:19:03 EDT 2017

Sorry, brain's a bit slow. Tried on a CentOS 6 box, doing an sftp, ssh,
and su to itself. All failed. Since the su failed that makes me think
it's not ssh.

That is, I'm on a CentOS 6 box and tried ssh and sftp to the external
IP, and then another account to su - to the long passworded account. All
fail. When I changed the password back to something shorter it worked.