[ale] Make Gnome Shell look like Unity

Jim Kinney jkinney at jimkinney.us
Mon Apr 10 12:12:59 EDT 2017

On Mon, 2017-04-10 at 11:58 -0400, leam hall wrote:
> I want the old Trek font back for my CLI....

http://www.st-minutiae.com/resources/fonts/

Pick and choose!

http://www.dafont.com/star-trek-future.font

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:
so the dash to dock thing makes Gnome3 more like a Mac?

Eeewww!

:-)

The dots to show which virtual screen hosts the application is actually pretty cool. I'm assuming a click will change to that screen and the application will gain focus?

I'm not a UI person. I tend to adapt to most of the defaults that ship. I think the only custom tweak I have is to replace caps lock with a dual shift key press. My XPS 13 has a Fn button that operates very nicely with the arrow keys even in vim. I've not seen that key work this nicely on other systems on the same version of Fedora (same on CentOS7 as well).

On Mon, 2017-04-10 at 10:28 -0400, DJ-Pfulio wrote:
> > > Why? Because some people actually _like_ Unity and Canonical is dropping
Unity from future releases (post-17.04).

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/04/make-gnome-shell-look-feel-like-unity
> > > explains.
> > >
> > > Back in the olden days, I made lxpanel for my Mom with the 5 things she
> > > wanted to do on the left side (thanks to wide-screen monitors). It
> > > worked for her for years and she seldom had to use the complicated menu
> > > system.

James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain