[ale] Make Gnome Shell look like Unity

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 11:54:02 EDT 2017

so the dash to dock thing makes Gnome3 more like a Mac?
Eeewww!
:-)
The dots to show which virtual screen hosts the application is actually
pretty cool. I'm assuming a click will change to that screen and the
application will gain focus?
I'm not a UI person. I tend to adapt to most of the defaults that ship.
I think the only custom tweak I have is to replace caps lock with a
dual shift key press. My XPS 13 has a Fn button that operates very
nicely with the arrow keys even in vim. I've not seen that key work
this nicely on other systems on the same version of Fedora (same on
CentOS7 as well).
On Mon, 2017-04-10 at 10:28 -0400, DJ-Pfulio wrote:
> Why? Because some people actually _like_ Unity and Canonical is
> dropping
> Unity from future releases (post-17.04).
>
> http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/04/make-gnome-shell-look-feel-like-un
> ity
> explains.
>
> Back in the olden days, I made lxpanel for my Mom with the 5 things
> she
> wanted to do on the left side (thanks to wide-screen monitors). It
> worked for her for years and she seldom had to use the complicated
> menu
> system.

James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.