[ale] OT: Kodi fails on video.

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri Sep 30 17:37:56 EDT 2016

Just download the video and look at the codecs using some other tools -
mplayer -identify, vlc, whatever.  youtube-dl can usually figure out
what the video is from the page.

Gotta link?

Every once in a while, PBS videos have multiple audio channels and the
default isn't what we'd normally want. Check for other audio channels.

As for the vcodec -

On 09/30/2016 08:45 AM, Boris Borisov wrote:
> I have two Kodi installs. One on rasPI B+ and one on Ubuntu 14.04. On
> both installed Smithsonian channel addon for video. Tried to watch
> "Richard the third" documentary from that channel. On rasPI I'm missing
> the narrator's voice but the music is on. On Ubuntu video won't start at
> all.
>
> Can somebody with better/newer install like rasPI 3 try to play that
> video and share the results.
>
> I'm suspecting codec issues specifically audio downmix issues.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Got Linux? Used on smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, media
centers, and servers by kids, Moms, Dads, grandparents and IT
professionals.