[ale] How do you force a fixed resolution on Ubuntu 16.04

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 09:50:23 EDT 2016

That will set resolution modes. Ubuntu and Debian do something strange with
the configuration of X during install that I don't see in Fedora. So, I
don't know.

My understanding from Xorg is it's supposed to go automatic unless the
xorg.conf file is found. If there's something in init that wipes that file,
I would call it a bug. An automatic process that deletes a locally
configured setting file on boot is improper unless very well explained.

You could have an early process that copies it before X starts. If it's the
X startup that's dumping the file, I would say its badly misconfigured.