[ale] Tmux, where have you been alll my life?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Wed Sep 14 11:45:24 EDT 2016

On 09/14/2016 10:54 AM, Chris Fowler wrote:

> To give you an idea of why I've taken a screen shot.
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2486826/tmux.png

I do this with multiple xterms and different workspaces for alternate
tasks.  Never liked tabs for terminals.

Still not sold on how this is any better than multiple xterms. Sorry.
Nothing described does more than normal xterms with focus-follows-mouse
and whatever scripting is needed for automatic connections.

Plus I hate, hate, hate, full screen apps. There is always something to
be seen behind.

The important thing is that people find what works for them.  I usually
think there is a slightly better way than I'm already using. Guess that
today's search just wasn't productive.

Maybe next year.