[ale] CentOS 7 virtual IF installed by default

Ted W. ted-lists at xy0.org
Sat Sep 10 09:40:39 EDT 2016

What you're describing sounds like the default IP range configured by
libvirt. To see the networks configured run the following as root:

  `virsh net-list`

If you see a network in that list named "default",
check what it's dhcp range is configured as by running

  `virsh net-edit default`

You'll see two lines with conflicting IP information in them. The first
will be "<ip address='192.168.xxx.x' netmask=255.255.255.0'> and the
second will be "<range start ='192.168.xxx.x' end='192.168.xxx.x'/>. If that
range conflicts with your home network's range, change the third octet
to a different value, save the file and quit (vim: <esc>, :wq). If
"default" does not conflict with your network and there are others
listed, try one of them instead. Then recreate the interface using the new
information with:

  `virsh net-destroy default`
  `virsh net-start default`

(replace "default" with whatever network you edit if "default" is not
the culprit)

Cheers,
Ted