[ale] Small Clusters for VMs

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri Oct 28 10:17:56 EDT 2016

I'm a little behind the times.  Looking to run a small cluster of VM
hosts, just 2-5 physical nodes.

Reading implies it is pretty easy with 2-5 nodes using a mix of
sheepdog, corosync and pacemaker running on qemu-kvm VM hosts.

Is that true?  Any advice from people who've done this already?

So, is this where you'd start for small home/biz redundant VM cluster?

I've never done clustering on Linux, just Unix with those expensive
commercial tools and that was many years ago.

In related news - Fry's has a Core i3-6100 CPU for $88 today with their
emailed codes.  That CPU is almost 2x faster than a first gen Core
i5-750 desktop CPU. Clustering for data redundancy at home really is
possible with just 2 desktop systems these days. This can be used with
or without RAID (any sort).