[ale] Xen Server adding a virtual disk to a VM

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Thu Oct 13 17:04:04 EDT 2016

Thanks Ed! Of course dmesg. I feel a bit silly because I know about dmesg but completely blanked I guess. The cat of /proc/partitions is a good idea too, except like with the ls /dev/xvd*, I should do it before I add the disk so I can see what's different after.

I was hoping the Xen software would tell me but I guess being OS independent it doesn't get to that level, even when the xen-tools are installed inside the VM. It's kind of like I wish Xen would tell me the IP address a VM picks up after I start it, but again, it's too OS specific I suppose.

Scott