[ale] Debian/Ubuntu/Mint install

Horkan Smith ale at horkan.net
Mon Oct 10 18:00:22 EDT 2016

+1 to Jim Kinney's suggestion to boot an alternate OS and switch to legacy boot and re-install.

However, *if* you feel like chasing this a little further....

I haven't had any experience w/ UEFI yet.  That said, when I've gotten that
grub> prompt, it usually means the bootloader's installed, but it doesn't find any grub.cfg file or associated plugins/data.

Could you boot that other OS, then copy a /boot/grub from another system?  If you at least get a menu instead of the prompt, it means it found the grub.cfg and we'll need to make a grub.cfg that matches your system.

later!
   horkan