[ale] Debian/Ubuntu/Mint install

kilpatms at comcast.net kilpatms at comcast.net
Sun Oct 9 20:01:31 EDT 2016

That's that I did -- and now I have a brick!

Apparently I am caught in some sort of diabolical hell caused by EFI and Secure Boot.

The BIOS software doesn't have a usable manual and the Ubuntu install program seems to believe (wrongly) that it plays nicely with this crap. It even requires me to set up a partition just for EFI!

I'm still fighting this.  Has anyone here recently installed a current Debian OS on a computer damned with a UFI/Secure Boot BIOS?

Sean