[ale] Network Connection - Lack Thereof

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Sun Nov 6 21:08:00 EST 2016

On 11/06/2016 08:50 PM, Stephen R. Blevins wrote:
> It would be unwise to keep using eth0, as that name can no longer be
> trusted to be the expected interface.  (That's been true for a while
> now, but many systems have fairly repeatable boot sequences.)

On Ubuntu-based systems, the udev rules have been **sticky** for some
time. Basically, at boot, a new udev rule based on seeing any new
NIC-MAC was created, so eth0, eth1, eth2, eth3 ... all were static - at
least since 10.04-ish.

Network config under debian/ubuntu is different from RHEL - that and
package management are the main differences I've noticed between these
distros.