[ale] Complex QoS rules on network reorg.

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Tue May 24 18:56:18 EDT 2016

We had the motherboard network port die on a pfSense firewall a while back (the other two ports were on a PCI-E card). We stuck a Cisco USB300-M network dongle on it and it worked just fine. I'm sure there was a performance hit, but it was the WAN side and our Internet connection is well under 100mbps anyway so we didn't notice the difference. We've replaced the hardware since then, and I wouldn't spec a firewall using a USB NIC, it served us well for a few months.

Scott