[ale] Meetup renewal time

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue May 10 10:20:13 EDT 2016

There are tax implications for Jim using paypaypaypal and if meetup
_contributions_ are used.

As far as how/where any funds are used, provided it is openly known, I
be happy.

What do do with more money?

I suggest hidef video recording for presentations and hosting to make
those recordings available about a month after the presentation (or
delayed as long as the speaker requires, but not more than 6 months).

                      Forget live streaming.

Live streaming is very easy for low-quality streams, but that usually is
NOT sufficient to actually be useful. Other groups have been struggling
with this issue - ask Scott. Assuming no computers are purchased, I have
a working solution for this stuff
* HDMI recorder - $80 (needs a 32G+ USB2 storage device - NTFS)
* webcam (talking head) - $50-$120
* lapel mic w/ long cord - $30
$230 - total.
All video and audio software is F/LOSS to produce the output. OBS,
audacity, handbrake, ... I have a slide listing all the tools. ;)

Recorded Phil's talk on OpenVPN VLANs a few months ago. Don't have
anywhere to post it. Because I missed the beginning audio, not sure how
useful the video is.  Need a place to host the 960p, 850MB, 30min video.
 That is the resolution needed to read the screen. Without that
resolution, it isn't useful, IMHO.  I still need to add a lead-in and
trailer before posting.  I simply don't have the bandwidth to host
videos and will NOT use google/youtube.

I'm happy to present on the setup and post-processing, if there is
interest. More "show-and-tell" style than I'm-a-Video-Expert.

If we want to make a learning center for Linux like Linux Camp, then the
sky is the limit. Training for non-beginner Linux Admins:
https://gitlab.com/sofreeus/linux_camp