[ale] OT: HAM gear

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Wed Jun 22 13:51:55 EDT 2016

Yes, the TW1000 is a general coverage short wave receiver normally used
for broadcast reception while the S38 was designed as a general coverage
communications receiver for the ham bands.  They are both early '50s to
'60 vintage.  The S38 was very popular.  Perhaps the most popular
receiver in the late '50s.  The "E" model was the latest.

Jim.