[ale] Higher MTU for 40 GB NICs?

Lightner, Jeffrey JLightner at dsservices.com
Tue Jun 7 15:22:09 EDT 2016

Is there any intrinsic benefit to using a higher MTU for 40 GB NICs?

That is, with all other things being equal is there any benefit to setting it higher on a 40 GB than on a 10 GB or 1 GB?

I notice 40 GB defaulted to 1500 just like the 1 GB and 10 GB.

The only time I've mucked with MTU in recent memory was because a vendor insisted it would solve a problem.   (It didn't because the issue wasn't networking in the first place but that is another story.)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you