[ale] CentOS 7 install driving me mad

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Jun 3 18:42:16 EDT 2016

Cross-LFS has a path for sysvinit.

Giving up is not in my nature. At some point I'll say my time is worth more. I'd at least like to know what the system is doing at that point first. Is it looking for something? Is it running a program that may not be able to run? Can it even run the anaconda installer? When it gets to that final message on the screen I have no clue how I can figure out what it is doing. I should try init=/bin/sh and see what I can get to.

I'm tempted to look at the source, put debug prints all in it and see if I can figure out what is happening. Hell, if I could get strace to run I could simply move systemd to sysetmd.bin and a wrapper would fire off strace. I can then see where we are at in the kernel. At this point it becomes a real time sink. A level 100 monster. Defeat it and the XP is amazing.