[ale] NodeMCU + LUA

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Jul 22 13:26:04 EDT 2016

Anyone here doing NodeMCU with LUA?

I'm trying to write a config module to use on the devices I want to put around the home, but I'm struggling with the language, what I should do on NodeMCU, and what is available.

My goal is to abstract config variables in tables where '/' is the path of the variable.

cfg.getV("wifi/sta/1/ap")

I came up with this idea so that my startup program could try up to 4 different APs.

Power control Relay #1 would be 'po/1'

I use RGB LED for notification on some devices. That is 'rgb/1' The pin for the red LED in the RGB housing is 'rgb/1/r'

My show method is broken. It may be that my idea is just too heavy for the ESP-12E.

If someone wants to take a look I'd appreciate it. Use this module too if you want. Nothing proprietary about it. I've just started ordering these boards and am putting them to use.

https://github.com/linxdev01/nodemcu/blob/master/src/cfg.lua