[ale] Semi-OT, inexpensive(ish) gigabit switches

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Thu Jul 21 14:23:43 EDT 2016

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 12:08:27PM -0400, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
> I'm actually going to be looking for a GigE managed switch at some point
> myself. I've currently got a Cisco Catalyst 2950 series 10/100 24-port
> switch but aside from my Cisco ASA ever device on my network has a GigE
> NIC. My issue is being able to support 802.1q VLAN and 802.3ad Link
> Aggregation. I have multiple ports configured in LACP channels for my 2
> NAS devices as well as for my ESXi server.

The (now-discontinued) 8-port Netgear GS108T can be had for $80, and
does both 802.1q and 802.3ad.  There were 16/24-port versions too, but
that model line has been superceded by the GS1xxE series, though those
only support LACP on the 16+ port models.  The GS116E can be had for
$116, and the 24-port JGS524E for $160.

They also have models with PoE support.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy        		       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Delray Beach, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^