[ale] Need Cable Modem Recommendation

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Jul 18 19:43:30 EDT 2016

http://www.h-online.com/security/news/item/Treacherous-backdoor-found-in-TP-Link-routers-1822720.html
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?2614-Why-am-I-unable-to-quot-disable-quot-the-UPnP-in-my-TP-LINK-TL-WR1043ND-wireless-router

I own an amazing TP-link router that cannot be trusted with either their
firmware OR any of the after market ones.  It has been working great as
an AP **inside** my network, though none of my devices will connect
faster than 65Mbps to this "300Mbps" wifi router.

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-cable-modem/ Might be helpful.

On 07/18/2016 03:48 PM, Chris Fowler wrote:
> I'm looking at this TP-LINK
>
> https://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-DOCSIS-Speed-Cable-TC-7610/dp/B010Q29YF8/ref=sr_1_17?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1468869416&sr=1-17&keywords=DOCSIS+3.0+cable+modem

Got Linux? Used on smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, media
centers, and servers by kids, Moms, Dads, grandparents and IT
professionals.