[ale] [OT] Cell phone reception

Neal Rhodes neal at mnopltd.com
Tue Jul 5 09:04:22 EDT 2016

We use a Wilson Sleek cell repeater in our motorhome in our travels.
It is consistently good for a one bar improvement in the cell signal.
We use Verizon, which normally has good coverage in the hinterlands.

The Sleek is designed for mobile use; you just sit your phone on the
cradle and it couples through the back.    It comes with a magnetic
mount rubber duckie antenna, which in the RV we just sit on a 12" square
steel plate to give it a ground plane.

You can connect a much more aggressive trucker's antenna.

So, if you are getting a borderline signal, but getting one, it would be
simple to just try one of those and send it back if it ain't enough
improvement.