[ale] sound and picture

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Thu Jan 28 11:53:45 EST 2016

Last time I was in the UK, I recall the speed limit signs where all in MPH.
Yep: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_speed_limits_in_the_United_Kingdom

Some Brits hate having to use metric measurements for liquids and weights too.

Read that Canada made the switch to metric at the same time the USA was supposed
to do it in the late 70s. Enough people in the USA complained and lobbied to
stop that. Just think how much easier our lives would be today if they'd let the
metric system come?  Travel to everywhere in the world except a small group of
UK-affiliate states where we could just talk English anyway.

BTW, as an engineer, I much prefer metric units of measure over imperial. The
calculations are easier.