[ale] sound and picture

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Jan 26 09:15:01 EST 2016

Spoofing caller ID is pretty easy. I get more calls from spoofed numbers than
from real numbers these days. For $1.95, you can have a number in any areacode
in the north American region (any +1 number). Blocking is pretty easy with all
the android apps that do that. I might hear a chirp ring, if that, but nothing
more for blocked or "unknown caller" numbers.

Plus I have a 1-number that rings everywhere, so if I'm at home and both lines
don't ring, I know they are a phone-spammer. I've never given out any other
numbers except the 1-number.

I've been meaning to replace my google voice number with my own setup (my cheap
voip provider can ring multiple other lines for inbound calls).

Oh. and Vancouver is a beautiful city - nice aquarium too. No place in the world
has a lock on idiots. We have our share and sometimes I only need look in the
mirror to see one. ;)