[ale] Linux Foundation quietly drops community representation

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 12:48:00 EST 2016

Any drink that has a taste that requires it be tossed past the taste
buds probably should not be consumed. :-)
I prefer to sip my whiskey(s) and fine tequila(s) (and fine gins and
rums) and roll them on my tongue to actually taste them. Sadly, bourbon
upsets my digestive tract very often in any quantity larger than a
splash in a sauce (bourbon, mustard and honey make a great basting
sauce for grilled salmon). It's odd that I can eat rye bread all day
but rye whiskey will make me feel bad. I don't fare well with some rye
beers either.
That said, I have learned my limits with things like Bombay Sapphire
gin. More than two of the G&Ts made at my house will be met with a fair
degree of discomfort the next day. More that 3 is total agony. I'm sure
it has nothing to do with the 2 shots of gin in each one :-)
On Mon, 2016-01-25 at 11:35 -0500, Brian Stanaland wrote:
> I know some would brand me a heretic but I really don't like doing
> shots of whiskey or tequila. I much prefer Jager as a shot. Having
> said that, I totally understand the cough syrup comparison. I can't
> explain why I like it. I just know I do. I also think it's great
> mixed with Dr. Pepper.
>
> Brian
>
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2016-01-25 at 10:35 -0500, DJ-Pfulio wrote:
> > > >
> > > Worst drink ever is fermented prunes called "Glögg". Swedish, I
> > > think.
> > Base booze is called "AquaVit". It's a fennel seed concoction. Same
> > stuff used in "AquaVelva" aftershave but tastes better as
> > aftershave. The Swedes must get very cold.
> >
> > I've not yet seen Linux based bar guide. I have (and use) qbrew for
> > my beer making. I need to also check out brewtarget. Both are open
> > source and multi-platform.
> > >
> > --
> > James P. Kinney III
> >
> > Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What
> > you
> > gain at one end you lose at the other. It's like feeding a dog on
> > his
> > own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
> > - Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain
> >
> > http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/