[ale] Opensource Enterprise Backups

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Thu Jan 21 11:16:09 EST 2016

Some many years ago when Bacula was fairly new, I tried to use it. That
was back when my wife was still on Windows.  No matter how hard I tried,
I could never get Bacula's regular expressions to like spaces in file
names.  I was trying to exclude some directories like "C:\IE Cache" or
some such.  No amount of quotes, double quotes, backslash escapes, etc.
ever worked.  There was no one to ask at the time.  I finally gave up.
I am certain that by now someone has the key.  I liked it a lot.  Except
for that, I'd probably still be using it.

I'm using rdiff-backup almost exclusively now.

Jim.