[ale] Linux Foundation quietly drops community representation

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 10:16:50 EST 2016

The "coincidence" is rather coincidental. Plus she's female and that does
rankle feathers in some [h|m]en houses. :-(
Golden Rule: "He who has the gold makes the rules."

I can't imagine any of the individual members being disrespectful towards
other
members or board suggestions. Would never happen. </sarcasm>

Did the members vote on this? The article doesn't say how the bilaws were
changed.

On 01/21/2016 09:49 AM, Jeff Layton wrote:
> Disappointing - most definitely. Unexpected - not really.
>
> Jeff
>
>> Very disappointed with this:
>>
>> "Up until recently, the Linux Foundation allowed the individual members
>> to elect two board members and ensure that the voice of Linux community
>> is considered at the board meetings. In a shocking change, the
>> Foundation has erased this clause and decided to benefit the corporate
>> companies rather that whole community."

http://fossbytes.com/why-linux-foundations-latest-change-is-a-bad-new-for-open-source/

See JOBS, ANNOUNCE and SCHOOLS lists at
http://mail.ale.org/mailman/listinfo