[ale] OT: it is only me or ... ?

Jeff Hubbs jhubbslist at att.net
Sat Jan 16 20:35:37 EST 2016

I rewatched /Soylent Green/// from beginning to end, taking notes as I
went, in preparation for a paper I did in grad school a few years ago on
resource abundance and poverty in scifi (that paper was adapted for a
presentation for the Georgia Tech Research and Innovation Conference and
then again for DragonCon 2013). I was struck by how pervasive they made
the privation seem and how the changes that had taken place between when
the film was made and when it was set are referred to and inferred.