[ale] No swap is better than swap

Scott McBrien smcbrien at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 19:36:08 EST 2016

Running without swap used to be a really risky proposition, but these days, running with out it is fine.  Though oom-killer might do things you may not like.  Since it's your desktop, that's probably OK, but on a server, it might cause problems if oom-killer whacked your database after killing sshd.  :-)

You'll note that most cloud images and the like don't run with a swap.

-Scott