[ale] Place to buy desktop in Atlanta

damon at damtek.com damon at damtek.com
Fri Feb 26 21:52:55 EST 2016

Can't respond inline on this app, so bare with me:
Games: currently they only use two cores max.  In real world test of real games measuring FPS it goes head to head with the pre- skybridge i7 at a fraction of the cost. With in PLUS or minus 10% of the i7 depending on the game. Some games you may see a difference depending on the GPU.
Integrated GPU are not good for intensive games, but are for casual games. It just depends on your
Poison.
That is news to me about GPU and vms but I have been meaning to test it out. My laptop has two GPUs, an Intel chip and a nvidia optarun. I think that r9 card has multiple GPUs, just have not tested it. I hope to move my win onto a VM so I can fire it up to play. With 8 core 4gig procs, I hope it would power the VM fast enough.
I am not a hard core gamer, but the ones I do like require decent video.  The vaper ware from AMD this year is suppose to increase AMD core process about 40%, which would put them on par with Intel. Not that even games require that much from a cpu.
That i7 would beat the pants off of the fx8370 in certain multithreaded applications, and I mean soundly. But most home users don't run this apps. Power is a consideration. I guess I am running 145w when over clocked. I actually turn on the machine on chilly days when I start work in my home office, for heat  ;)
Open up emails, process some doc, look at porn, and I only spent $750 for the CPU! Win! Not!
Iirc I spent $120 for the CPU and the MB and I have a KVM running screaming machine that can play any game on the market.
--
Sent from myMail app for Android Friday, 26 February 2016, 05:35PM -05:00 from DJ-Pfulio < DJPfulio at jdpfu.com> :