[ale] Place to buy desktop in Atlanta

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 15:46:40 EST 2016

Get the powerspec and reinstall. The Duluth store is happy for people
to test their gear with a live CD of Linux and let them know your
results. They mark the tag as runs with Linux.
OK. So that was a few years ago when I did lots of purchasing from them
that they would actually mark the tags. But they've always been
receptive to a live CD test of Linux. Most of the sales staff knows
about Linux if they don't also use it.
On Thu, 2016-02-25 at 15:33 -0500, Chris Fowler wrote:
> I ran into some nasty problems with my desktop today.  I'm using a
> small BayTrail for now, but I need a replacement. Fry's sells name
> brands.  As does BestBuy.  MicroCenter hos PowerSpec, but I don't
> need Winders on this computer.
>
> Looking for a quad-core AMD 64
> 10,000 RPM SATA3
> 16G RAM
> USB 3.0
> PCI-E so I can use a multi-port serial board
> Ubuntu 15.10 64-bit.
>
> Not too happy with NVIDIA at the moment.  Want someone more Linux
> friendly.

James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain