[ale] WIFI mystery speed problems

Steve Tynor stevejunk at iintiip.com
Tue Feb 23 08:37:47 EST 2016

An update and preliminary declaration of victory.

In one of many random config changes (mostly trying to change channels),
I changed the "channel width" from 40 Mhz to 20 Mhz. Since making that
change, the network has been rock solid - no silly slowdowns.   As I
understand it, the 40Mhz setting was supposed to improve bandwidth but I
never measured any improvement -- and in fact, turning it back down to
20 Mhz seems to have solved my periodic slowdown problem.

Thanks again for all the help and advice,
Steve