[ale] Linux Mint Hacked

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 11:26:17 EST 2016

Sorry to see that happen to Mint. I know a lot of people that use it
over Ubuntu.  I was posted it a lot of mailing list and new sites.

This why I am not crazy about git and docker and other things that
place on the web, they will get hacked, it's just a matter of when.
But yet some many are pushing to use those. Maybe I am old, but the
though of grading something of docker and setting up, and not
questioning if it same what scares me the most. I got devops users
that think that if from a site it safe.

FYI, I use private git servers and save locally docker.

So question, how are they going to fix it? How many of you when you
down load an ISO run the SHA1 against the distro to make sure it same,
I guess if I was a cracker, I would replace the SHA1 keys so that no
one knows it was cracked.

What safe guards could be put in place to stop this?