[ale] Ouch. Stay away from proprietary technology.

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri Feb 5 17:09:08 EST 2016

But it isn't 100% your device.
Apple licenses the software.
AT&T/Verizon validate that the Apple OEM HW and SW work on their networks.

BTW, Apple is hardly the only people doing this and they won't be the last.

I have a bricked Chromebook because Google doesn't think I should be
allowed to run any OS on that HW. Any mention of "Linux" in the Chrome
OS/Chromebook forums has your thread closed, even if it is trying to use
the official, Linux, tools to create a Chrome OS recovery flash drive.
They close the thread and pick a terrible answer as "best" that has
NOTHING to do with the issue.  They are "linux-phobes" there, for lack
of a better term.