[ale] KVM switch

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 15:23:02 EST 2016

Sometimes infrastructure hardware needs a kick in the pants. Like when
the network board in the KVMoIP switch fails. Again.

I'm looking to replace an existing KVM switch that has no network
viewing of the consoles with a KVM switch that supports viewing the
consoles over a web connection.

32 ports is required.  Ideally, it would have 2 local console ports so
I can plug one into a rack display and the other into the KVM in the
next rack for dual network access. LDAPS user access would be nice but
not a deal breaker without it.

I currently have an ancient HP with no console over IP (so why even
_have_ a network port with ability to configure BUT NOT USE!!! ARGH!)
and 32 port unit from ACME Micro that is waiting for the second
replacement network board (I'm writing this from a datacenter wearing
ear plugs).

What are other people using (and not swearing at)?
--
James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain